Thursday, April 17, 2008

Smears & Feet

After my traumatic donation experience, I had jitters coming into Wet Lab. I had this theory that I was growing more phobic of blood rather than growing accustomed. Surprisingly, in reverse of my theory (which is the reverse of what's expected anyway), I think I'm starting to like blood. Maybe it's because blood oozes out of my 2nd finger very freely now. I can see myself turning vampirish, hanging around with vials of blood all day.

Although Mr Liew the lab guy/blood guy told me, 'Very bad, very bad smear.' Oops. That smarted. I tried to make excuses for myself, but next time, I should just accept the critique.

We've moved Hayley to the great outdoors, because I'm getting backache scrubbing the toilet floor every afternoon. She's extremely hydrophilic, preferring to put her paw in the water bowl rather than drink it. Sometimes she sleeps on damp tiles. Being clumsy, she runs and trips and slides in her own puddle of pee. Which explains why my fingers smelt of pee this morning. The stench is becoming a familiar smell in the air.

I discovered that I am not the only one who can't wear covered shoes! I've a habit of staring at people's shoes and feet. This girl at uni had plasters on the back of her ankles too! Hers were colourful, mine are nude. And I think I slept a little too obviously during lecture today haha.

No comments: