Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unfated

I wonder why I always fall back into familiarity. I'd rather relive good times than make new ones. I'm more relieved when something is over than to look forward to more, especially on the social front. I believe I'm only a short burst extrovert. I do it just to fulfill this fantasy image I have of myself as a bubbly fun person. Then I get tired and want to go back to being a whiny grouch.

I'm definitely sabotaging my opportunities for happiness. All thanks to fear and over-thinking.
The feeling's gone. So why aren't I happy?
Maeyue didn't get shortlisted for an NUS interview. Apparently everyone should've been contacted by now. I could call to double check if I'm rejected, but I can't seem to muster enough care. It's just all too far away to hurt me now I suppose. I guess maybe it was never meant to be.

I feel so gleeful at the thought of a weekend break next week. I know I should be utilizing it for the upcoming exam but my mind goes into auto-fun planning. I've got May 1st (Thurs) till Sunday free, cos' I'm skipping the 1 hour lecture on Friday. Any wild ideas, anyone? Let's do something fun!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

hey so did mae yue eventually get shortlisted? all the best for the NUS interview!

aFLY said...

Hey, nope, apparently she's trying to appeal. But I am not too up-to-date about that.