Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Real Deal

My eyes are completely red and swollen. I can't even bend down without it burning and feeling the blood pulsing. And my palms are now flaming with heat, from the blood rushing in every corner. It itches like hell and I just took a drowsy Flucap pill as an antihistamine.

It's all thanks to Little Miss Hayley.




I'm not that used to the name yet. It evokes reminders of One Tree Hill, like I'm listening to the show going on. Ee. I got kinda attached to Carly, and I'd been calling her that for awhile when I carried her home in the car. Then I thought of Sophie, from a book I'd been reading. Sophie means wisdom anyway.

But I'm not into changing a dog's name. I like to fix it so they can be trained to answer to it. And besides, your name is your name - it wouldn't do to come up with so many that you've no identity. So I guess that's that.

It was a really random decision to buy her. I knew though, it was a high possibility cos' Dad kept going on about it. (By the way, he pooh-ed every single name we came up with, instead came up with lousy names like Buddy, Gasper, ugh...) So after dropping Ade off at ballet exam, mom just said, 'If you want, you can go take a look at the puppy now.' So, we drove to the pet shop. And there and then, I just said, 'Get lah. Get lah.' Couldn't imagine her spending another night in the cage alone. Her supposed owner wanted a discount all the way to rm500 (-.-') so nuh-uh, it ain't for you mistuh.

Called Dad, and though he went 'Who's going to take care? Won't the neighbours complain about 3 dogs?', I knew it was just for show. In a heartbeat when I asked if he was SUUUURE, he immediately said we should bring her home haha.

So there she is. A monster already - biting everything, terrorizing her squeaky rabbit toy. A water guzzler too. And totally giving me allergies, sigh. But so cute.

No comments: