Friday, April 25, 2008

Blessings


It is truly ridiculous to spend time yearning for something you don't have when all around you is everything you could ever want.

I am so busy searching for something intangible that I cannot even call to mind things I am grateful to God for, each time I provide a testimony. That is how self-absorbed I am. I need to remember that I am a living testimony, that as one person in my house is saved (me), my entire home is saved as well. That phrase is pretty powerful.

When I sit down and count my blessings, I feel so small and insignificant. They are innumerable, like pebbles in a lake. I have the best family, the best friends, the best material goods, the best education, the best cell group, the best church and most of all the best God. There have been times I thought I couldn't get through, when I was certain I'd be stuck in that down current forever. But I held on to just one foresight, and sure enough, I knew that one day I would look back and marvel at how I once felt. This is the day (and well, previous days before, too).

I'm thrilled at the prospect of a foot massage, dinner, and whatnot with Premi & Tallan. I know that slowly but surely everything will fall into place, as the plans are in Mighty Hands. And I am oh so blessed for everything that has come my way. Thank You.

-----

Hayley's super adorable now. Her fur is so soft I can't stop cuddling her. And she's so much sweeter now that we've cordoned off a larger compound for her to play in. Awwwww.

No comments: