Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Load Off

Phew! I don't know why I was so bogged down by PBL presentation this week. I just felt like there was so much to do and my mind wasn't in it and everything. Now that it's over and we get a break from it for a week, it feels like I've removed the huge brick from my shoulder and flung it into outer space!

I'm having some difficulty finding something to look forward to in the day. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations of the composition of a happy day, but I feel like my mind is split into several compartments. One is the automatic section, reminding me I have work to do, information to read up on, so I continually stress about it unproductively. The other is the joy-finder, scanning the area, searching for ideas - anything interesting to do that will excite me and distract me for the moment. Like chancing upon caramel cookies in the fridge.. snack time.

Last but not least, the part of me that gets lost in thoughts & recollections. That part I want to shut up, just for a day, or a month, or forever.

I did enjoy watching the Dance Competition in uni today. Most of the performances recycled hiphop songs, and I recognized plenty of the moves as moves I'd used myself (video copying haha) but it was surprisingly fun and entertaining. I'd really love to train for some kind of performance again, but we'll see. I thought the salsa group was very good, I loved the girl's showmanship.

A friend is going through a rough patch where she has to be brave and make a life changing decision. The only advice I can give her is 'Don't let your past mistakes prevent you from moving on and getting a better life.'

.

No comments: