Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I've decided that after the first time, it's not scary at all to give people injections but no matter how many times I've taken one, it still makes me nervous to receive a jab. See, like right now, my whole body aches from dance but the little ache from the IDN block in the corner of my right jaw is freaking me out so much. I dare not open my mouth more than necessary to fit my spoon in because the ache feels so much like an injury.

Lunch after OS today was really interesting. As the last injectee, I think I was the numbest yet I was the only one who forgot to buy soup for lunch. It was a really silent affair, everyone concentrating on not accidentally chewing on their own cheeks and tongue. Totally tasteless and I felt like a toothless granny, smashing my food with my tongue against my palate and swallowing the mulch down rice grain by rice grain. When food accidentally goes into the right sensation-less side of the mouth, there's no way to retrieve it or clean the area, at least not without great muscular effort from the other side. So the rice grains just get stuck there, collecting like a hamster's pouch.

All in all, I can't wait to do it again.

Not.

No comments: