Friday, May 2, 2008

Blackout

Last night was a total blast. It felt like the most excitement I've had since. Ok, since I flew home hahaha.

After dinner at the Bird place, my family and I reached home. I was dying to catch Project Runway. As I attempted to cram some way overdue info into my head, Dad tried to fix our double aircon breakdown problem. So there he was busy vacuuming the dust away from his room's aircon (since he doesn't care about OUR broken aircon), and somehow ignited this spark that then created this plume of smoke. The room had a burning stench while I waited for 10pm to arrive. At 10:03 pm, ZAP. Pitch black.

'Wouldn't it be so funny if DAD caused the blackout?' I said, after we looked out and saw the entire neighbourhood in darkness.
'Noooo... Project Runway!' I cried, remembering.
'Go to the new house la,' Dad replied.
'Really?'
Aggie and I immediately started moving, intending to head to our other unoccupied house in Desapark City (just 5 minutes away).
'Crazy ah you all!?' Dad exclaimed.

It wasn't too crazy to me. I kept rushing everyone to move before we missed too much of the show. So Aggie, Ade & I drove there, with nothing but ourselves and some notes I wanted to squeeze in during commercials. Along the road, I was getting more and more excitable and noisy. 'What!? Still dark? What? OMG, don't tell me the whole place is out!'

As we passed the dark guardhouse, and the dark LeVenue area, and the still dark Adiva, my sisters and I were panicking that even the new house didn't have power, when finally, we saw light. Thank heavens. We entered the place like it was a hotel room and proceeded to watch television.

Half an hour later, Dad called. Still no power. What were they doing? Sitting in the car. -.-'
An hour later, Dad called again. Nope, no power. They were sitting in a different car.
My family is nuts.

At 12am, I stayed at our unit no. 123 while Aggie drove Ade back to get PJs and phones. Mom & Dad returned with them.

What a nice night we had in the new house. I'd rather have 4 hours in cool aircon than 8 hours with no ventilation.

-----
And by the way, opening our house cupboards, we discovered just how wealthy our previous renters were. (Empty) Shopping bag after shopping bag of extremely branded goods came pouring out. My my my.

Oh, and yay! I finally see red! (On my head)

No comments: