Saturday, May 31, 2008

Post-Aristal Blues

Today was interesting.

I found out that:
1) Chriselle and her sister are like twins.
2) I love Chriselle a tonne.
3) Chris thinks Pravin is handsome. Which I suppose he is, and gentlemanly, too.
4) Pravin simply adores (OMGWTH) I-forgot-Chris'-sister's-name.
5) He REALLY adores her.
6) I can never cut off ties with people just because I want to.
7) I cannot walk far in heels without my toes cramping up.
8) Singapore will always hold a different aura than Malaysia for me.
9) I cannot aim well at arcade shooting games.
10) Time can freeze. Sometimes you think time changes things, but it really doesn't at all.
11) MP3s should stop being manufactured.
12) I make up my mind VERY fast when I shop.
13) When I buy things for people, I tend to end up keeping the stuff for myself.
14) Every cloud has a silver lining.

I seem unable to just live life without this sense of wonder. When I only knew one way of life, I was ignorant and blissful. Now that I know another, I seem to be living outside of my mind most of the time, just marveling at how life goes on even when you're not moving with it. Like I'm not really present in the things I'm doing everyday, but watching myself and others around me move. I now I've mentioned this before, but does this make me mental? Haha. Maybe I'm semi-ghost. Voyeur.

It's the strange feeling I get when I visit places, take trains or ride buses in Singapore. I feel almost like I'm in a deja vu moment, like my stint here never happened and I'm just reliving a dream. Just going through the motions. Then I wake up and find myself at home in Malaysia.

In a way, it's thrilling. On the other hand, it's not very, er, normal.
Imagine when I add NZ or Australia to the list. Mental meltdown.

Photo of the night: Tim's perpetually crazy expression.

No comments: