Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Cutest Kid On Earth! (In My Humble Opinion)

I am feeling much lighter. And we just learned the word 'light' in Mandarin yesterday (yes, how slow, haha). Stef! Pui! Abandon-ers! And so, I shall share more cutesy pictures. (You should just avoid my blog for the next few days if you are not into such things.)

My youngest sister Adelia, used to idolize me. When I told her my favourite colour was pink, she said hers was pink too. When I said it was red, hers was red as well. So I got annoyed, and told her to get her own opinions.

She followed me everywhere, refusing to be without me. I would be kinda mean and abrupt with her, however. She kept wanting to hug me, but I'd tell her, 'Wait until you reach my chest.' When she grew, 'Wait until you reach my neck.' Then it was my chin, and my lip, and my nose, and then I ran out of places to make her reach. So finally, a few years back I let her bear hug me, hahah. Probably with a pillow between us.

The reason was I was not a very touchy-feely person. I found it awkward. But I started to miss her being around. And it was pretty heartwrenching how sad she was when I left for Singapore. I think she cried for days.

So, behold! I think she was our family's pride & joy, the best of the gene pool.

Look at that face.

Her favourite Winnie the Pooh swimsuit.

There she goes. Posing.

Awww.

Awwwww.

In kindy clothes.

Why are kids naturals at taking pictures?


Come to think of it, I think I made her dress up all those times.


She had this life-sized doll with long yellow woollen hair. She was called Annie, and we'd have 'masak-masak' or tea parties, with me serving her and Annie sitting on little chairs. Then, I made her cut Annie's hair into a pageboy cut. She always went along with everything I said.

I don't think the photos do her justice. But she's such a hoarder, she's gone and stashed her albums somewhere. I can't believe what a poser she was back then.

P/S: This is so cool! I had no idea that scanning in the pictures could blow them up to such clarity as you could never get from the actual photo itself! (Click on them to zoom in)

No comments: