Monday, May 12, 2008

Friend Indeed

Mom left for Los Angeles today, taking a 20+ hour flight. I can't imagine how many movies that would take to relieve the boredom. And if you don't move around, you get Deep Vein Thrombosis. We wrote her a mini shopping list, just random stuff we'd like her to get. I'm dying to get nice leggings (as outdated as that seems). Mom has pretty good taste and size estimation.

At church today, Pastor Vincent Lau (who really rocked!) relayed a story. The gist of it: On his wife's birthday, instead of celebrating his wife, this celebrity guy treated his mother-in-law instead - as thanks and honour to the woman who gave birth to and raised the woman he married. Poor wife. But awesome philosophy! After all, we didn't do anything on the day we were born, our poor mothers did all the work.

People wonder how my friends and I stay so close. I'm talking about the gang. I don't really know the recipe, but some of the ingredients are making time, a lot of laughter, crazy ideas, plenty of teasing, and patience. Right now, they're the people I feel the most excited to see and the people I can walk away from feeling so much lighter. Thank God for good friends.
Sometimes you make it through the week. And you think 'Yeah! A breakthrough!'. But some trigger and it's like a dam bursting.
A World of Friends on Flickr © Pink Sherbert Photography
I think the overwhelming feeling is betrayal.
-----
To let others know just makes you feel embarrassed and weak.
I write so much because it's the simplest outlet to crystallize my thoughts. And it's turning out to be the best way to get those creative juices flowing as well as use English in a non-scientific manner.
I am always motivated by tags. =)

It's strange how something that was once more than enough now never seems to satisfy.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

i wish i had a gang like that.

aFLY said...

Maybe you just haven't come across your kindred spirit yet. =)