Friday, June 27, 2008

Of Nothing In Particular

I have been having bouts of strange turbulent dreams once again. I can't remember the previous dreams because I always lose hold of their realness once I fall back asleep. But I recall vaguely that my dream the night before was about Shia Labeouf confessing his love to me or something, via a 3 page long SMS. Hmm. And another part of the dream had to do with stepping down into this rocky unstable moss infested penguin-exhibition-at-the-zoo thingy and I was so terrified.

Weird.

Before we slept last night, my sisters and I got to talking about horror movies. We decided that there's no need for horror movies to play any part in our lives because they certainly don't bring us any enjoyment. I can't remember the last time I watched a horror movie, certainly not in the last 5 years or so, and I've only watched a horror movie in the cinema, like, once.

Which brought us to talking about how horror books can be even scarier than horror movies. (I think I was trying to persuade Adelia to put in more reading time.) I suddenly recalled how I once bought Bram Stoker's Dracula, and I was so freaked out by his description of Dracula's creepy hands and appearance that I just couldn't get past the first chapter.

If I'm not mistaken, I brought it with me on holiday and accidentally on purpose left it in the hotel room. For good. In fact, I recall Sa-ee trying to freak me out, saying that the book may sail across the sea and one day appear in my clutches again. SO mean. I think I looked upon it as a somewhat haunted book.

-----
This should probably the highlight of my post but I just found out: THERE IS A VACANCY IN NUS FOR ME!

It's like a scene out of a movie, or deja vu, or the result of me imagining this moment a million times. And as I expected, I am very scared and very sad at the prospect of leaving so much happiness and comfort behind. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

Jared said...

I remember none of us daring to touch the book when it was lying on the table. That was hilarious.

But Dracula is a great book.

Congrats. (: If you aren't gonna live in a hostel, I can make the long and ardous journey with you in the morning to that area of the world when I come back to do attachments in MOE. Haha.

aFLY said...

i think i shall, unless they've no place. can you imagine wat commuting is going to do to my study time? and that's like YEARS AWAY. I'D HAVE GRADUATED!

Jared said...

lol my first attachment is next year.

attachment, not work.

Anonymous said...

the way the offer has been given is a miracle in itself. maybe this is what God wants for you...