Friday, June 6, 2008

TGIF

The spike in fuel price has given me further good reason to go green. I'm gonna start taking the train to uni more than the usual once or twice a week. Save the environment and save my money. We're taking small measures and observing if it makes a significant difference in fuel consumption. Turning off the engine when waiting for people, driving without aircon in the mornings or nights, maybe no more sudden revving up for me? =( Nah, just kidding. How else would I get my poor Myvi to overtake other cars?

That's why I was a teensy bit annoyed driving to cell when there wasn't any. (No, Ern Sheong, I'm not mad at you!) Not because it was a waste of time, but because I took a joyride and burned fuel. Sigh. That's the kind of scrooge mindset you start to get. Dad's predicting the doom of airline companies as well. Maybe not such a good idea for Aggie to become a pilot at this stage. Not until they figure a way to make hydrogen fuel with less energy involved.

Today was the day Toby betrayed me.
I've been pretty happy with my old eRokr, Tobias, although he sure ain't no Nokia Xpress.
(Pause in silence in memory of that gorgeous being.)

I've been pretty happy up until today when he finally failed me. This naive trust probably came from forgetting that that stupid phone constantly hung while I was trying to send an SMS and then proceeded to become non-functional for days.

I was on the train, waiting to reach the 2nd last stop to call Dad to come pick me up from the station. While trying to reply Jene, it froze. I kept removing and replacing the battery but to no avail. I was seriously contemplating approaching strangers to ask if I could borrow their phones. In fact, I was eyeing this girl in front of me when she took out her mobile, but then I chickened out. Told myself, I'd look for someone when I reached the station.

Miraculously, at Segambut, the exact stop I needed to call, Toby sprang alive. This after I'd desperately pressed the * button like ********. Poor Toby, he lived just when I needed him most. I called Dad, and then he was gone again. Just like that.

You know what, I think he's hydrophobic. My bottle leaked a tiny bit and the phone went nuts. Could be related to when I dropped it in the toilet bowl once. Hmmm.

Yeah, now it's dialing it's own numbers and then dying off. It's not even numbers, it's choosing strange symbols. Maybe it's trying to speak to me. Crazy phone.

And yes, I realize I'm switching between 'it' and 'him'. I can't really commit to humanizing an inanimate object.

-----
EXAAAAAM! The library is really good to study. But I can't make myself stay for more than an hour. Arghhh. Die die die.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok... thank goodness =) still my fault in a way =((

aFLY said...

ern sheoooong. it's okaaaay. hahah