Sunday, April 4, 2010

Evocation 2010: Electric Dreams © Nathaniel Tan

A glimpse of my mini role in the past Evocation. Once I finish serving this term, I'll be free to dance more! And free of responsibilities. Which will be bittersweet, for with restrictions there is a yearning to be free, but with complete freedom there is an aimlessness.

-----
There's been a series of pest incidences at home.

First, I was awoken by Mom after which she screamed that there was a cockroach crawling on my bed. So I reached out my hand groggily and said, 'Get me out!' I stumbled sleepily out of the room and left the killing to more awake people.

Next, Dad caught a rat in a cage. He spent the next few days wondering whether to let it go in some jungle or to kill it. The general consensus from the rest of us was to just end its life, but Dad kept saying,'I've killed too many rats, I don't want to be a murderer anymore.' (FYI, this is his humorous tone, though it can be hard to tell).

He was still deciding when we came home one afternoon and I discovered the rat lying prone in the hot sun. Dad's indecision murdered it after all. Just like he killed the terrapin once by leaving it in a tub in the hot sun, without water.

Poor Dad, all that blood on his hands. Guess I was just your stepping stone to someone 'hotter and prettier'. Congrats, you got what you always wanted.

No comments: