Sunday, April 25, 2010

Selamat Tinggal?



I saw on an FB status that Sabah and Sarawak want to pull out of Malaysia. Then I Google-d it and saw that S&S met up with an Indonesian famous somebody to go into the works of demanding for independence. Because our government apparently exploits them of natural resources, steals their petrol and coconuts or something.

I say Malaysia is a goner without Sabah and Sarawak. Right now we look pretty cool on the map, because Sabah and Sarawak look like the side profile of a dog with an open mouth. That's how I used to remember it when trying to draw the map. Without S&S, we're going to be just a silly tail at the end of Asia.

Without them, I cannot even defend my country anymore for its beautiful tropical nature, and its awesome beaches. Right now, I boast that the beaches in Sabah have sand as fine as powder, water as blue as gems, and they're way better than Australia or some other angmoh beach. And when Amazing Race goes to Malaysia, I'm always so glad they choose to go to East Malaysia so they can go home and tell their friends and families about the beautiful forests and mountains and sceneries. West Malaysia will be just a crumbling landscape-less terrain once our dear friends separate themselves. :(

And Golo's going to have dual citizenship.

And we will no longer have to study about all the million tribes in Sabah & Sarawak. No more traditional costumes, or traditional instruments, or traditional customs. And goodbye toucan, bird of Sarawak.

I'm quite sad, surprisingly.

No comments: