Sunday, April 11, 2010

I always tell my Dad, if you send me to the airport, you get to spend more time with me before I leave! And he always laughs. But it's true - car rides are great bonding opportunities.

Which brings me to another thought I had in the car (also a great place for reflections). I realized that all it takes is one great conversation to break the ice between two people, and you suddenly become sure and confident in your standing with them, in your approach to them.

I say this because some relationships, like the ones between me and my family members and close friends, do not survive on constant input and nurture, but on one-off great moments of bonding. And yet things never get awkward or forced. It's always so strange how relationships that have low expectations and less intimacy sometimes end up being the ones that last the longest.

No comments: