Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm Hearing, Not Listening

Hate to admit it, but Mom was right. She said once (which has resounded in my ears countless times since) that people only listen to advice they want to hear. Like out of an entire speech, they'll pick out the parts which tell them to do what they want to do in the first place. And just like wishful thinking, people cling on to maybe one sentence out of a whole conversation. That one sentence will be intentionally (mis)interpreted into something that gives them hope and there they hold on to for dear life. Forever even, until there's an intervention or they get a jolt to the system.

They say grief can take up to 4 years to get over. I'm guessing the better half is spent in denial.

I can't bear to get rid of some stuff. I bin it anyway knowing that on the other side, the mementos have probably been discarded without a thought. I know these things mean something to me that they no longer mean to you.

-----
Funneh. It makes you start to wonder if you're the the abnormal one in pants.

OK. 2010 Fitness Plan: Abs, Butt, Thighs, Biceps, Triceps. ABTBT

No comments: