Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jump on Flickr by Ain Lim

Not to be a snob, but I've finally stumbled upon a whole network of people that I was sure didn't exist where I went to school. People that make me go, 'Now that's more like it!' Upbringing and media exposure - props to you indeed. I'm just a spy right now, like Peter Pan's shadow envying his antics.

I'm okay, really, when I'm out of that time capsule. With plenty of time to ponder everyday now, I've an increasing need to purge my thoughts, when I can no longer do it verbally. I sometimes feel we were doomed from the get go. You came along and pulled me out of a darkness. You ambushed me so completely with thoughtfulness and romantic perfection that there was nothing else for me to do but fall for it. You boosted my confidence and made me feel beautiful when I really needed it, in a magical way I do not expect anyone else to again. And that's where the whole dynamic was set, because that was the pattern from then on, at least as I saw it. I never got back my independence, and you never could keep up with the infatuation. When all the expectations began building up like Jenga blocks, it was just a matter of time before they all fell down. (Woooweee, my analogies can start to rival Prof Yeo's.)

I'm okay, really, I'm okay.

3 comments:

The Never Fairy said...

For the record, Peter Pan's shadow is not "alive." In the original story, it doesn't move on its own and is like a piece of laundry.

For a Peter Pan adventure unlike any other:
http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/
BELIEVE!

aFLY said...

I never said it was alive. Although it did seem to have a mind of his own in the Disney version.

It's just descriptive speech. :)

The Never Fairy said...

Yeah. I jsut wanted to clarify it since so many people think it IS part of the story. :) And Disney has a lot of stuff wrong. ;)