Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Looking for patients is such a chore. Even my grandma doesn't want to help me graduate! She's like the ideal retiree with very few teeth but she complains it's too far to travel to NUS. Which I acknowledge is true, but c'mon!

The new lab arrangement has its pros and cons. Mostly pros for now, for I have people beside me to talk to plus I no longer have to crane my neck to try to catch up with others by checking on their pace. I have a wall to lean on and am close to the clinics and the toilet. And I've a new MRT clique to hang out with. Guess things aren't going to be as stagnant as I feared - fingers crossed! Hopefully my greatest worries - feeling alone and finding nothing else as satisfying - will never materialize :)

All these are mere gripes compared to something that happened recently. An ex classmate I knew briefly passed away after being in a coma for a week. He suffered a jet ski accident. I can still picture his transformation into buffness in the 3 months I knew him, after he joined canoeing. It's harder to admit that some of my apathy comes from not keeping in touch. Which in itself is scary to realize. Stark reminder not to keep counting the bad things that happen to you. Not easy to stay in perspective, though!

-----
Quite silly how excited I get when new episodes of TV series turn up on my streaming feed.

No comments: